Motivational Musings

10:51


It's been quite a while since I last made a post, and even longer since I posted anything Motivational. In fact, my last motivational post was A Guide to Motivation, posted in August of 2015. My how time flies! Since motivational and inspirational quotes and posts have helped me get through some tough life decisions recently (a post I may or may not decide to make to elaborate on this topic) I thought it might be helpful to start writing out some of my musings, in hopes that I might spark a little bit of inspiration and motivation in you. 


"You could be the juiciest peach in the world, and still you'll find someone who hates peaches." - (Unknown)
I wish I could say that this isn't true. I wish I could tell you that the world is full of acceptance and understanding. Unfortunately though, it's not. And you know what? That's okay.

We all have our own set of core views and values- our own internal guidebook personalised to each and every one of us. Our morals, goals and expectations of people and our lives derive from this core set of values. We are each built in a unique pattern from a system of basic principals. What should be more widely accepted is that it is okay to be different. It is okay to have your own dislikes and likes. It is okay to feel, think and set goals in any manner of which you feel is good for you. 

It shouldn't be okay to bring others down just because you don't have the same interests, views or values. You don't have to like everyone, but you don't have to make others hurt because you have a different view point. No one should have to change who they are to please someone else. Strive to be the best version of yourself, make yourself proud of who you are. Flaunt your strengths, accept your weaknesses. Your life, your happiness and your future is in your hands. No one can tell you what you're doing is wrong. In an unhealthy and unhappy relationship? Leave. In a town of little to no opportunity? Move. Take the steps to make your life better. Sometimes the hardest decisions are the best decisions. In the long run it is you and you alone who has to live every day with your decisions- why waste your life being miserable? 

Your life is precious, you are worth it. If you're waiting on a sign, here it is. Stand up. Take action. Your life is yours, live it to the fullest. 

Until next time... 

xx Elise 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow on

Instagram @whereverthereislight

Twitter @elise_morrison