e.l.f Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow Review

23:52


It's been a while since I've sat down with a product and mulled over my overall thoughts and, since I'm on holidays, I've decided to do just that. 

The e.l.f Long-Lasting Lustrous Eyeshadow range features six colours (from what I can see on the e.l.f Australia website), these being Confetti, Celebration, Soiree, Gala, Festivity and Party. Unfortunately I was only able to get my hands on Celebration, Gala and Festivity at my local K-mart at a cost of $8 each, although I am pretty happy with the colours I found. 

Gala

Celebration

Festivity
Every colour is extremely sparkly, containing tiny flecks of a silver shimmer. They don't have much of a scent, which is fine because a) it's on your eyes and b) you wont be smelling it constantly like you would a lipstick, but it's still good to know that the product doesn't completely stink. 

Top: Celebration
Middle: Gala
Bottom: Festivity
The texture is smooth and creamy, feeling almost like a mousse texture. It is super light weight and lasts quite decently. The colour is build-able, but also quite pigmented (especially Gala) so be careful when trying to apply a thin, light coat or base. 


I've found that they do not crease unless I have a lot of product on, but this was on a once off occasion so so far, so good. They do blend out well into powder eyeshadows, but may take a little bit of encouragement around the edges with your finger first.

Sadly though, I have found that brushes do not work with these and you must use your finger to apply, which wouldn't be too bad except for the fact it looks like you've stuck your hand in a bag of glittery Christmas ornaments. Besides that, application is a breeze and can be quite easily fixed up or removed with a makeup wipe. 

Overall, this is a good, cheap product that is great for statement looks, as a base for powder eyeshadows to help make them pop or to add a little extra something to a 'dull' look. 

Which colour would you try?
Until next time... 

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow on

Instagram @whereverthereislight

Twitter @elise_morrison