Motivational Monday; Career

11:49

I've never fully understood the whole aspect of a 'career'. I'm constantly surrounded by people who tell me 'it's just a job', 'it pays the bills' and 'go for a job that will earn you lots of money'. But your know what? It's not just a job. I currently work full time as a receptionist working 8:30am-5pm five days a week, that's the majority of my days taken. I also work casually on weekends doing photos- that can take between 2-10 hours (depending what is on that weekend) and at random and stupid times. Yes, it pays the bills, but any job you get will, right?

Here's my point. To make a career out of something you need to study for years and years, have experience and the money to spend on further training. People put themselves through dept, unpleasant university housing and two minute noodle dinners to gain the qualifications needed to obtain their chosen career. And 99% of the time, that person hates their job or they can't find a position in that field.
I don't want to be that person who studies to end up hating their job, getting a mediocre job with minimum wage and end up completely and utterly miserable.

Despite what people say, I believe I can and will make it one day. In what, who knows? I don't believe I should spend my life in a job I dislike and I will do anything and everything I can to follow a path that will make me happy. Whilst I don't know what I want to do as of yet- I'll leave you with a quote I totally agree with:

Remember: there is no harm in trying. Only YOU can make your future. Just because you can't today, doesn't mean you wont tomorrow.
Until next time...

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow on

Instagram @whereverthereislight

Twitter @elise_morrison