Mask of Magnaminty- Lush Review

00:20

 If you read my blog, you'd know that I absolutely love Lush products and recently I wrote a wishlist post all about the Lush products I was dying to try. Out of all the people I thought would read my blog, I was pleasantly surprised when I found out that my step mum (hi Michelle) reads it too. Which, now that I think about it, isn't really much of a surprise. I guess I just was thinking more about the millions of random strangers that could read it and not how many of my family would.
Anyway, whether that made much sense or not, on one of her recent trips away- Michelle dropped in to pick me up one of the products on my wishlist- the Mask of Magnaminty. HOW NICE IS THAT!?
I've been wanting to try this product for so long so, without further ado, here is my review. 
The mask comes in a black container with a screw-on lid and the mixture itself is a lumpy mud like texture in a bright green paste. To clarify- the pictures do not give the colour justice. It's like a mint green colour- but with the saturation turned all the way up... kind of. My favourite part? The scent. While I admit, the scent may be a little strong for some people at first, the fresh peppermint aroma reminds me of many trips to the Grampians and the ice creamery there. The ice cream there is to die for. If you don't really know what this scent is like- then imagine spearmint chewy x1000.

After putting the mixture on my face- I felt my face tingle quite a bit. Whether this is because of how bad my skin is or how strong the mask is I'm not 100% sure and, while it didn't bother me in the slightest, this may be something to be wary of if you have super sensitive skin. I left it on for 10 minuets as directed by the container and then washed it off with lukewarm water. 

I can honestly say I felt a huge difference in my skin. Lately, my face has been feeling rather dull, dry and irritating. It's been dry and flaky and breaking out however, after just one use of this product, I have noticed my skin (and pimples) are a lot less irritated, my skin is smooth (for the most part) and my face feels refreshed. The Mask of Magnaminty is definitely going to be a staple in my skin care routine. I cannot thank Michelle enough for such an amazing gift! 

This mask can last up to 3 months and is best stored in a fridge. You can purchase this item online here.

What skin care products do you love?
Until next time...

xx

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Follow on

Instagram @whereverthereislight

Twitter @elise_morrison